The rose from Bobb’s teammates was loose after Norway’s 3-3 draw away to Scotland.
– He can be as good as he wants. I said the same about Nusa. They have extreme skills no one else has. Then they are a bit small, perhaps, and in some duels they are a bit pushed away, but the more they get trained at that level, the better they will be, said Jørgen Strand Larsen.
Sander Berge believes Bobb’s repertoire has clearly emerged in recent international matches.
– It’s magical to play with Oscar. He is terribly strong one on one and dodges situations. When we need it, he takes a free kick to calm things down, or if we need it, he goes past someone and creates an imbalance. He is wonderful to link with, and it is easy to see what he wants, said Berge.
Bobb himself enjoyed himself at packed Hampden Park. A few days earlier, he scored his first goal for the A national team in the 2-0 victory over the Faroe Islands.
– We had quite a bit of fun out there. It’s hard that we didn’t win, but there were periods when we played very well, he said.
– It was a bit heavy to see the Scots celebrate their EC place. That is what we have worked for, but unfortunately not achieved. It’s a bit bitter, but I look forward to the opportunities ahead and believe that Norway will qualify for the championship. For fans and ordinary Norwegians who obviously deserve the championship, it is very annoying to see a team with so much class and talent not qualify, but we work as hard as that.
[ Reidar Sollie: «Bobb, Bobb, han vil vi se i VM 26!» ]
Ståle Solbakken also had a lot of praise for the youngster, but also some red pen in the margin.
– Oscar was very good with the ball, actually super. Then he had some trouble defensively in the first half, when he didn’t play on my side. It got better when he came to my side, because then I could direct him a bit, he said.
Together with Antonio Nusa, who had his breakthrough in the September games, Bobb became the revelation of the autumn in the Norwegian national team and means that the team has even more strings to play when it enters next year’s national league and the World Cup qualification that follows in 2025.
[ Solbakken vil se på forsvarsorganiseringen: – Skal studere det nøye ]