Erling Braut Haaland was an immediate hit at Manchester City. 52 goals later, the super striker admits that he did not count on so many netizens.
Less than 10 minutes ago
– There was never any doubt. I knew I was going to perform and I knew I was going to play in a good team. I never doubted, to be honest, says Haaland in an interview with Sky Sports.
The interview has been done in connection with the award he has been awarded by the Association for English Sports Journalists (FWA). The 22-year-old’s debut season in England after his transfer from Borussia Dortmund has exceeded all expectations, also for the youngster himself.
– I didn’t expect it to go so well. I still expected to score. City scored 100 goals last year. For me to come into this team to score – of course I expected it, but not so many, he says.
– Did you have any doubts? he is asked by Sky.
– No, there was no doubt. There was no doubt, to be honest.
– But I didn’t expect it to go so well. Not so much.
City and Haaland have won the Premier League. The FA Cup final against Manchester United and the Champions League final against Inter still remain.
– It is tougher and harder. I like the duels. I like the running duels, says Haaland about playing in the Premier League.
About what is his greatest moment from his first season at Manchester City, the Norwegian says:
– The relief of winning the Premier League, lifting the trophy. It is without a doubt the biggest.
The last Premier League game of the season awaits before the cup finals. Then Haaland will try to embellish the scoring record of 36 goals.
Published: 25/05/23 at 20:43
- Champions League
- Europa League
- UEFA Conference League Qualification