– I enjoyed myself. It gives me a kick to be on stage, says Lundby.
Olympic champion, the best female ski jumper in the world, a model and the name of the year at the sports gala.
In December, she retired after many years in the top sport.
Now he has changed arena. From the jumping hill to lectures on the theater and revue stage.
– It’s a good feeling to be on stage. It is perhaps a new form of adrenaline that I need, says the 29-year-old from Kolbu.
“Best in a headwind”
In February, she will be on stage at Chat Noir.
She herself will refer to her lecture, “Best i motvind” as a good mix of humor and seriousness.
– It is based on my career which was full of ups and downs.
Lundby distinguished herself as the best female ski jumper in the world. She started her international career in 2011, and won several World Cup races and took several WC medals.
In 2018, she was Olympic champion during the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. It was a title not would try to defend four years later.
For the autumn of 2021, it said boom stops for Lundby.
Then she announced that she would miss the Olympics in 2022. Weight challenges were among the reasons.
– It was mostly against the wind the whole way. If you stand in the storms and work well along the way, you will get the best results in the end.
– Facing adversity is quite natural, and people must not give up for that reason, says Lundby.
Lundby is not alone in having taken the step onto the stage and into the entertainment industry after another sports career.
Namely, several athletes have done it before him.
Olaf Tufte, Tiril Eckhoff and Kjetil André Aamodt are examples of former athletes who are now on stage and giving lectures.
Lundby is part of Seriost Firma på Kapp. They have a total of 21 artists within various genres. The jumping queen from Toten is one of two athletes.
The daily manager of Seriost Firma, Thomas Nyland, refers to Lundby as dedicated, and says he notices that she is a former top athlete.
– When we started working together, she didn’t think it was super fun to stand in front of people and talk, but she wanted to get good at it.
– Then she goes into it with skin and hair, practices, trains, wants feedback, fiddles and arranges so that the product will be the best possible and she will be the best possible, he says.