– It has been a crazy few days, writes Lewis Hamilton (39) on Instagram.
Less than 30 minutes ago
Updated just now
There he speaks for the first time in detail about his upcoming transition from Mercedes to Ferrari in 2025.
– As you now know, after 11 incredible years at Mercedes, the time has come for me to start a new chapter in my life. I will drive for Ferrari in 2025, writes Hamilton.
The Brit says that Mercedes has been a big part of his life since he was 13 years old. He calls the transition “the toughest choice of his life”.
– I am incredibly proud of everything we have achieved together. I am eternally grateful for the work and dedication of everyone I have worked with over the years, especially Toto Wolff for his friendship, guidance and leadership, says Hamilton.
Wolff is team manager at Mercedes.
Hamilton and Mercedes have won several titles, set records and become history’s most winning driver/team combination in Formula 1. Now Hamilton feels that the time has come to bet on a new challenge in Ferrari.
– I still remember the feeling of jumping into the unknown when I went to Mercedes in 2013. I know some people didn’t understand the choice then, but I felt it was right – and now I have the same feeling again, says Hamilton – and adds :
– I am looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish in this new adventure, and what we can achieve together, he writes.
Hamilton drove for McLaren from 2007 to 2012, before switching to Mercedes.
This article was created using AI tools from Anthropic, and quality assured by VG’s journalists.
Published: 03.02.24 at 14:58
Updated: 03.02.24 at 15:22