Two weeks ago, a million viewers sat down in front of the TV screen to catch the grand finale of Melodi Grand Prix in Trondheim Spektrum.
After all the votes had been counted, it became clear that the Norwegian-Italian artist Alessandra Mele (20) won with the song “Queen of Kings”, and will get to represent Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest in Liverpool in May.
Since then it has been an exciting time for Mele, and after the victory there is little doubt that her life has been turned upside down.
But what do we really know about the new shooting star? This week, the 20-year-old guested on the 730.nos podcast. There, listeners get to know her better, where she talks about the topic of love, among other things.
– A wonderful guy
Mele grew up in Italy and has an Italian father and a Norwegian mother. When she was 18 years old, she moved to Norway to get closer to her Norwegian family, as well as further develop her interest in music.
It was when she started the music school LIMPI (Lillehammer Institute of Music Production and Industries), which is a private college, that love began to blossom.
In the podcast episode, the 20-year-old is asked if she is single, and what she is looking for in a potential boyfriend. There she answers the following:
– I’m not single and I’m with a wonderful guy who really helps me during this period. I’m not looking for anything, I just feel. He also goes to LIMPI and that’s where we met. After all, I thought that I didn’t want to have a boyfriend and focus on myself. But it’s such a stupid thing to say, because you can do it even if you have a boyfriend, but you forget that since there is so much “toxic” out there, she says.
Furthermore, Mele says that she always goes by her feelings when it comes to love, and admits that she feels very well. What she likes most is that she has the freedom to live out her dream – namely to make music.
When Se og Hør picks up the line, she says that her boyfriend Ludvig also has an interest in music.
– He is a producer, so we write songs together, she shares, while also making no secret of the fact that one day she hopes they will release a song together.
– Love is love
Further in the podcast, Mele reveals that the relationship with her boyfriend is relatively new, and that they have been together since September last year.
But before she met him, she had something going on with a girl. In a question round in the podcast, she gets a question about when she realized she was bisexual.
– Now I have to say something, and that is that I don’t like to call it bisexual. And that’s because you kind of put it in a box. But the definition you give is bisexual, so I’ll just say that. What I have faith in is love, the 20-year-old shares openly with the listeners.
Mele reveals to Se og Hør that much of the reason why she fell for her boyfriend was because of his open mind.
– I fell in love with him because he has an “open mentality” and is considerate. I believe in love, that is my definition.
In the podcast she continues:
– Love is everywhere, so who cares if you are a man, a girl, hen or she. Who cares? When there’s love, there’s love. And that’s why I say I’m open to any type of love, whether it’s with a girl, a man, or with a hen, I just don’t care. I believe in love.
ALSO READ: – He was the great love of my life