The police have put considerable resources into the hunt for the perpetrator who fired shots inside a fast food restaurant in Nydalen.
Updated 24.01.2023 05:55
The man is still at large on Tuesday morning, the police said.
– We have no name on the block. No motive has been clarified, and I cannot go into what the victim has explained in questioning. But we are working hard to solve the case, says duty manager Stina Edelman at the crime watch in the Oslo police district to NTB at 5 o’clock on Tuesday morning.
Operations manager Tore Barstad confirmed to Aftenposten on Monday evening that shots had been fired inside the fast food restaurant.
– 21.39, the police are contacted by a stressed caller from a fast food restaurant in Nydalen Allé. They have brought in a fellow who has said something or other to the man who is employed there, pointed a weapon and fired a shot, said Barstad.
No people were injured. The police have since searched for at least one perpetrator with several patrols. They have an idea about a possible escape route the man may have taken. The incident is being investigated as attempted murder.
– The perpetrator has run from the scene, probably down towards Akerselva and disappeared. We have large resources out there looking for him, Barstad said on Monday evening.
The police have secured a surveillance video showing the incident. They believe the shooting appears to be a targeted incident.
– We say that even though we know nothing about the background. The motive can be anything from robbery to conflict. It is natural for us to say that we are not worried about others who might be in Nydalen now, says Barstad.
It was the employee who was shot at, who called the police. There were no other customers inside the fast food restaurant.
Goes out with description
The police released the following description of the perpetrator on Monday evening:
– He has a dark jacket or sweater. The special thing about it is that it has something red on its left arm that is eye-catching. He also has white and red writing on his chest, says Barstad.
They are asking anyone who may have seen a person with the description to contact the police.
At the same time, the police are conducting an investigation at the scene and have questioned the victim in the case. It is too early to say anything about the motivation for the shooting, says Barstad.
The police searched on Monday evening with dog patrols and placed several police cars along what they assume is the perpetrator’s escape route.
The police reported the shooting on Twitter shortly after 22 Monday evening. They say it was shot with a “one-handed weapon”.