Keep up to date with the latest news: Get the Nettavisen app for iPhone and Android here!
– Sharing such news is probably one of the nicest things you can do. We are very happy and very much looking forward to what is to come, says Jakob Ingebrigtsen in a press release.
– We are five months into the journey and are due in June. It may not be ideal considering that there is an EC in Rome at the beginning of the month, but we have talked this through and think we will find a way to solve it. Regardless of what happens, the most important thing for me is that Elisabeth is well, says Ingebrigtsen.
The European Championship will be held in Rome from 7 to 12 June this summer. Furthermore, there are the Olympics in Paris from 1 to 11 August.
Ingebrigtsen has not said anything about whether the birth can prevent him from participating or not. The couple have informed that they will not comment further today.
– Difficult to keep it a secret
The couple married in Bragernes church in September after having been lovers since the age of 16.
Elisabeth Asserson Ingebrigtsen says she is both happy and relieved to be able to share the news.
– It is becoming difficult to keep this a secret, and we would like to share this good news with everyone we love. That is why it is a relief to now finally be able to say that we are expecting a child, says Asserson Ingebrigtsen.
In June, she stated the following to Nettavisen:
– Children are not something we are planning right now, but we want to have them someday. I have said it clearly, that as long as he runs, I will not have more than one child. It’s really up to him, I’m not going to push him to stop running, but I’m not going to have two children alone, Asserson Ingebrigtsen said at the time.
Selling the apartment
Earlier this month, the couple put their “dream apartment” up for sale.
The reason why they wanted to sell the apartment was never stated, but the expected child could be a natural reason.
In 2022, it became known that the couple had invested in a detached house worth NOK eight million in the same city.
The house will be around 250 square meters with four bedrooms, several living rooms and a double garage. It is said to have been listed in 1971 and to have had an asking price of 9.2 million.