NES (VG) There was no top place, but Petter Northug jr. (38) certainly did not disappear.
Less than 20 minutes ago
Updated just now
– Holy shit, to have given up, he is very well in the Norwegian Cup, commented Jan Christian Bjørn on VGTV’s broadcast.
The race was Petter Northug’s first competitive race – apart from cross-country – since he started as a cross-country runner in 2018.
– It is very well delivered, Åge Skinstad stated after the race.
Iver Tildheim Andersen won the race 7.6 seconds ahead of Gjøran Tefre.
Northug eventually finished 35th, one minute and 14 seconds behind the winner.
– It was really fun to compete again. It’s brutal with 10 kilometers when you don’t have that speed, says Northug to VG.
Gjøran Tefre says he made up his mind when he got Northug in the back early in the race.
– I thought it would be awful if I had a bad time and he would hang on to me the whole way, smiles Tefre – and adds:
– It is very cool that he is here.
The goal is to go fast in a long run. The Vasaloppet is the big highlight of the season.
On Sunday, it is ready for the 20 kilometer classic on Nes. You can also watch that on VG+ Sport.
– It might suit me a little better, says Northug about Sunday’s race.
Published: 03.02.24 at 13:11
Updated: 03.02.24 at 13:24