In February, it was 16 years since the shocking news hit Hollywood: Anna Nicole Smith was found dead in Florida. The Playboy model and actress was only 39 years old.
Her road to glamorous wealth and celebrity status was both long and tough, but in return she became one of the most recognizable faces in celebrity town.
DNA testing revealed the truth after the death
Smith, born Vickie Lynn Hogan, passed away as a result of an overdose of several different narcotics. It was determined that the death was an accident.
Her last months in life were marked by drama to say the least. Just five months before the model herself passed away, she both gave birth to a daughter and lost a son.
Lost mother and brother
In 1986, their son Daniel Wayne Smith was born. 20 years later, in September 2006, their daughter Dannielynn Birkhead was also born.
However, the family idyll was not to last long. Three days after little Dannielynn was born, Daniel passed away, as a result of an accidental overdose.
The crushing news must have been too much for Anna Nicole, who in the following months was in great grief. At the same time, she had a newborn daughter to take care of.
In February of the following year, in 2007, Anna Nicole Smith also passed away – five months after her son.
Again sat five-month-old Dannielynn, without her mother and brother.
– It was true love
The model had several high-profile relationships throughout her life. One of these was with photographer Larry Birkhead, with whom she had her daughter Dannielynn.
Today, the celebrity daughter has turned 16.
She had a tough start in life, but the difficult upbringing has also followed her through the rest of her upbringing. Among other things, she was involved in a very public washing of dirty laundry between the supermodel’s boyfriend at the time, Howard K. Stern, and the biological father over custody.
In the end, it was Birkhead who turned out to be the father, and he was also the one who got custody.
He has spoken out about his daughter several times, most recently in May, when father and daughter appeared at the Barnstable Brown Kentucky Derby Eve Gala together. It was during the same gala that Birkhead met Smith for the first time – in 2003. This year, the 16-year-old appeared in his mother’s old outfit.
– She shows her interest in fashion, while also honoring her mother. It came from a Guess collection that sold out, but Dannielynn saved it for a special occasion. The outfit features in some of Anna’s best Guess campaigns, he told People at the time.
Sharing rare photos of the celebrity daughter
Takes after mother
In another interview with People, he was able to share that his daughter has acquired several of her mother’s good qualities. Among other things, she must be just as generous.
– But at the same time, she is really picky when it comes to food, just like her mother. OMG! She doesn’t eat meat at all. It has only happened once in her life. But she’s not too fond of vegetables either, he laughed, and continued:
– It has been a struggle since she was little (…) She eats a lot of sauce on her pizza. Her mother was a big sauce person. She used to want extra, extra, extra everything. Just like Dannielynn.
The father could also say that the 16-year-old has big plans to study forensic medicine when she is old enough. However, he added:
– You know how children are. They may say this today, but tomorrow it will be something else.
Do you see whose daughter she is?
These days the new Netflix documentary “Anna Nicole Smith: You Don’t Know Me” is airing.
In this connection, a number of new details have emerged from the model’s life, also about both her son and daughter.
Earlier in May, Birkhead stated that neither he nor his daughter wanted to appear in the documentary.
– We declined to participate, as I did not want my daughter to be part of an overwhelmingly poorly reviewed sewer of a project about her mother, where some people were allowed to make things up and write about the story, he told Entertainment Tonight.
Honored his late mother in heartbreaking detail
– I look forward to a truly definitive Anna Nicole project where her truth can be told from her own perspective and by those who really knew her best. Anna really deserved better and that day will come, he added in the statement.
ALSO READ: – I don’t think Anna’s death was an accident