With its 900 employees, Mantena is a future-oriented supplier of components and maintenance services for trains and rail-running equipment in the Nordic region
We deliver modern services adapted to the new railway sector while continuing a long tradition in railway operation. Our expertise encompasses everything from the largest and heaviest locomotives to the smallest and most advanced components in trains. Mantena’s head office is located at Oslo Central Station.
With a focus on sustainability, innovation and efficiency, we work every day to expand our range of services and increase the trains’ punctuality and service life.
Mantena is looking for a skilled and committed communications manager. The position is centrally located and the main tasks will be
- Overall responsibility (editor) for internal and external communication in close collaboration with management and employees
- Develop plans and contribute to engaging content for our communication channels, including content production, in collaboration with the HR director and the company’s management.
- Responsibility for planning and follow-up of community contact
- Identify and develop news stories and prepare press releases
- Follow-up of media inquiries
- Advice to managers and employees within communication and media management
- Media and reputation analyses
- Develop PR and communication plans for traditional and social media
- Assist in the preparation of material such as printed matter, presentations, annual reports etc
- Be up to date on new communication channels and trends
To be successful, you must have a good understanding of how communication in all media works, have good communication skills and expertise in the use of photos, video, sound and text to convey an engaging message, with form and content adapted to the target group and channel.
We envisage that you have a degree in communications and a few years of relevant work experience from similar roles, communications agency, media or equivalent. Furthermore, you must have good competence and commitment around the use of various communication channels and be a good storyteller. As a person, you must be pleasant to work with, positive and focused on solutions, and enjoy working with big and small things. We also believe that you are creative and proactive. We want someone who sees the whole, comes up with good ideas, takes action and implements them. We take it for granted that you are happy to appease the good story and like to write.
- Background as a journalist or a few years’ experience in the communications field
- Good knowledge of journalistic working methods and flair for good news
- Solid commercial flair with a good understanding of business and society
- Very good communication and communication skills, both written and verbal, preferably experience in simplifying complex messages and communication
- Able to see news stories and create good angles on issues and events.
- Proactive and curious about the entire company and the railway sector.
Mantena offers a good working environment with good pension and insurance schemes in central, nice premises at Oslo Central Station