Leave the escape in Åsane.
Less than 2 hours ago
The police are looking for a prisoner who is currently serving time in Bergen prison.
This is what the West Police District writes in a press release.
– He has escaped in connection with a planned errand together with prison officers, says operations manager Ingrid Teigland Tepstad in the press release.
Was notified at 17.34
In the report, the police write that the public will probably see a lot of visible police in Åsane. BT’s journalist at the scene saw police at Åsane center just before 8.30 p.m.
At 9 p.m. they are still searching, now with a dog and a drone.
The police write that they have no information that the person concerned is a danger to the public.
– We received a message today at 17.34, says the lawyer on duty, Arne Fjeldstad.
– Set the opportunity to get away
He cannot say what errand the prisoner and the officers were on.
– He was out on a production with prison staff. In that context, he must have seen the opportunity to get away, says Fjeldstad.
Production is a trip out of the prison accompanied by officials. Common purposes for representations can be important events in the immediate family, treatment or doctor’s visits, writes the Correctional Service.
– Efforts are being made to try to locate him.
Do you have pictures or information? Tip BT here.
Published: February 3, 2024 8:04 p.m
Updated: February 3, 2024 9:16 p.m