– Fjellet Sør-Norge: Everything is closed!, writes Vegtrafikksentralen west in a message on https://twitter.com/VTSvest/status/1753814323305095341 Saturday afternoon and lists:
- E16 Filefjell: Temporarily closed due to stormy weather
- Fv 50 Hol-Aurland: Closed
- Rv 7 Hardangervidda: Closed
- Rv 52 Hemsedalsfjellet: Closed
- Rv 13 Vikafjellet: Closed
- R15 Strynefjellet: Closed
- E134 Haukelifjell: Closed
A short time later, the Vegtrafikksentralen east also reports that the E6 over Dovrefjell is closed due to the storm. Furthermore, they state that they will make a new assessment at 9 o’clock on Sunday morning.
Just before 6 o’clock, Vegtrafikksentralen Vest reports that the convoy driving over the E16 Filefjell is resuming.
– Now you simply have to wait
– It is a terrible storm, so there is not much more to say, says traffic operator Jørgen Bødtker to NTB.
He goes on to say that recently there has been a good deal of traffic over Filefjell, as this has been the only opportunity to get over the mountain.
– Now you simply have to wait until the plow crews think it is safe to open for column driving.
On Friday, Yr sent out a warning about snow in the mountains, and it is this weather that has now struck. The meteorologists then warned that there could be locally difficult driving conditions. The warning applies until Saturday evening.