THE NAM VALLEY: It has been a quiet start to the weekend for the police. Last night they received zero reports of incidents in Namdalen.
– There has not been a single message north of Verdal last night. It has been extremely quiet throughout the district. I think people are waiting for this weather to clear.
That’s what operations manager Ole Petter Hollingen says in Trøndelag police district.
He adds that it has been extra quiet, seen in the context of the weekend.
– Special! says the operations manager.
Verdal center at 01:45:
Notification of disturbance. There has been a fight between two people. Patrol went to the scene, and got control of two men in their 30s. – Both have been equally good and the patrol will expel both from the city center until 08:00, the police write on X/twitter.
Trondheim, Byåsen at 01:17:
A man has been to a private address and smashed a window, the police were informed. He is said to have then driven from the scene.
– The patrol has found the car and the perpetrator. Blown to above legal value in breathalyzer. Man in his 20s taken into custody for further evidence taking, the police write.
Trondheim, Nordre gate:
Security guards have put a person in irons after the person is said to have been quarrelsome and aggressive. A patrol went to the scene, and when the man in his late teens was still aggressive, he was taken into custody. He is reported for disorderly conduct, as well as possession of a small quantity of drugs. The police write that at 02:29.
Very strong gusts of wind
Locally very strong gusts of 35-43 m/s are expected from the west, and strong storms on the coast. Wind gusts of 30-35 m/s are expected in inland areas. The wind will increase first on the coast. Yr has issued an orange warning for very strong gusts of wind. Among other things, they recommend securing all loose objects, avoiding traffic in exposed areas and assessing whether the journey is necessary.
A storm center will enter the Norwegian Sea and towards Helgeland on Saturday. The location and strength of the low pressure is still uncertain, but there will likely be locally very strong gusts of wind in Trøndelag and Helgeland, with a strong westerly storm on the coast.
The wind will already increase during the night to Saturday, and there will be a south-westerly small storm on the coast.
– We expect the strongest wind from Saturday morning, writes the Meteorological Institute.
The damage reports are pouring in after “Ingunn”: – Will rise in the next few days
Here is the meteorologist’s text forecast for Trøndelag on Saturday:
Strong westerly gale in exposed places, from this morning’s small storm, this afternoon full to strong storm on the coast. Locally very strong gusts of wind. Tonight decreasing wind. Rain showers, snow showers at altitude, gradually falling snow line, from this morning sleet showers on the coast. Unsafe for thunder.
Fv. 7094 (ferry) Borgan – Ramstadlandet:
Ferry – Cancelled. Set from 21:30 Friday. All scheduled trips are canceled on Saturday. It is expected that the first route according to the settings will be Sunday 04.02 departure Ramstadlandet. Start time: 02.02.2024 at 9:30 p.m. Estimated end time: 04.02.2024 at 10:00.
Fv. 773 Steinfjellet – Gjersvika in Røyrvik/Namsskogan, Trøndelag:
Storm, the road is closed. Start time: 02.02.2024 at 22:23. Estimated end time: 04.02.2024 at 12:00.
Read in NA today
– This will be construction stage three in a row of business and commercial buildings in Sandgata that we have already set up, or are planning to set up, says Thomas Geving, general manager of Bråholmen eiendom AS in Namsos.
Starts construction of a new Europris store in Namsos
Here are all property transfers in Namdalen for January:
These homes changed hands in the first month of the year
She is known for inventing pranks and fun. But the latest joke by Gunhild Årnes Guttvik from Gutvik still took the cake – and has gone on a winning streak both online and in the news.
The joker Gunhild (44) from Gutvik gave the name to the storm: – I got a bit sick to my stomach, because she could be offended
Man arrested for threatening behavior with firearm:
The man was arrested after the police received several reports from a hotel in central Bergen on the night of Saturday.
The messages were that a person threatened others with what was described as a firearm, the West police district writes in a press release.
– The police were quickly on the scene and arrested a person near the hotel. The person concerned will be remanded in custody. The police are on the scene and are carrying out investigations, as well as questioning witnesses, they write further.
No one has been reported injured following the incident, writes VG.
The US has carried out revenge attacks in Syria and Iraq:
President Biden confirms that the attacks are a response to the drone attack on an American military camp in Jordan last week. Iraq condemns the attack.
The US Department of Defense Pentagon confirms in a short statement that they have attacked at least 85 targets in Syria and Iraq from the air. The news agency Reuters writes that 125 targets were attacked on Friday evening.
At least 18 pro-Iran fighters are said to have been killed, reports AFP.
– Our response began today. It will continue wherever we want, whenever we want, says a statement from President Joe Biden.
That’s what NRK writes.
World food prices at lowest level in three years:
An index from the UN shows that food prices in the world are lower than they have been in three years, but they are still significantly higher than before the pandemic.
In January, the index landed at 118, down from 119.1 the month before, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said on Friday. The January level is the lowest since February 2021. In 2019, before the corona pandemic, the index stood at 95.1.
– Competition between exporters and recently harvested supplies from the southern hemisphere helped drive the price of export wheat down in January, writes FAO in its monthly report.
It is written by TV 2.