For a number of years, actor Kristofer Hivju (44) has been easily recognisable. The red beard and red mane have been his trademark since he starred in the HBO hit “Game of Thrones”.
Now the 44-year-old has removed his well-known beard. He first showed off the new look on the red carpet for the premiere of “Cocaine Bear”.
He has also shared a photo carousel on Instagram from the premiere and the reaction from followers has not been long in coming.
– Not the beard!
Hivju shared photos of her new look with her 3.3 million followers, and several of them have been shocked by the change. At the time of writing, there are a number of comments asking where the beard has gone.
– My God, I didn’t realize this was you. Where’s the beard? is someone asking.
– I’m sorry. I can’t imagine him without the beard, writes another.
There are also some who think the actor looks better without a beard.
– Looks just as good without the beard. Check out the highlighted jaw!
That’s why it’s gone
Hivju recently guested on the Swedish program “Nyhetsmorgon”. There he appeared “newly shaved” to talk about his return to the film series “Beck” in the role of Steinar Hovland.
It’s not just the 44-year-old’s new role that gets attention in the programme, so does the new look.
Program host Anders Pihlblad asks directly why Hivju has shaved off his iconic beard. It is simply the profession that is the cause.
– It was a new role. My appearance follows my roles. The reason I had a beard for six years was because I did “Game of Thrones” for six years, he says, jokingly adding:
– Next time I’ll have a cock’s comb.